What are the costs for upgrading?
Author: AdminDev |
October 29, 2020 |
- The costs are always more than just the database conversion step. There’s consulting time that includes discussing your pain points, and that leads to one of our experts guiding you through the new version to ensure you and your company are fully taking advantage of each feature in E10.
- Your current version of Epicor can impact the cost of upgrading as well. Upgrading from Epicor 9 to the latest version (E10) takes less time than if you are coming from Vantage 8.03 or older. The larger the version jump, the more project time needed.
- The typical milestones are: (the budgetary estimates below are what we typically see; however please contact me directly for a more accurate picture)
- (8-24 hrs.) Perhaps a BPR (Business Process Review)/Company ERP use of audit/Company & Plant configuration reviewing. Discussions about what’s troublesome or inefficient. Let’s identify together where we can uncover opportunities. Are you using side systems, external systems, Excel?
- (80-120 hrs.) Database conversions, migrations, supplemental installations, configurations, setups, upgrades, workbench executions, sys admin steps, server sizing, hardware setup, SSRS & SQL configuring, database tuning, app server setups. All of which are very important steps.
- (8-80 hrs.) Technical uplifts. Progress ABL to C# converting/testing. NET& .NET to C# converting/testing. Crystal reports converted to SSRS. BPM’s, Dashboards, customizations that require attention to properly run for you in E10.
- (24-80 hrs.) Training. Providing professional training classes that perhaps have never been done before. We also tailor our training courses to only go over the changes for your version to the latest version. Knowing how to use E10 is key to the efficiency of your users and directly impacts their productivity.
- (24-80 hrs.) CRP (Conference room pilot). This milestone is after all training has been completed and all technical uplifts have been concluded. This is the final step before GO LIVE. With a group of PTS experts onsite leading the CRP, we can ensure full testing of all QTC steps linked to your typical business processing needs.
- (24-80 hrs.) GO LIVE.
- (8-40 hrs.) Post GO LIVE support.
- (8 hrs.) First month end support.
- With these milestones & development activities the projects costs can vary.
- Call today to schedule a free consultation. Let’s work on plan based on your needs!